Saturday, April 10, 2010

Reggae Roma Tomato 2010

Image

Reggae Roma Tomato 2010

What: Seed (Second generation from seedling).
Where: Large square self watering planter.
When: 20 March 2010.

Sown in: Top 100mm of Recycled Potting Mix.
Fertiliser: Thin layer of RICHGROW: Organic Blood and Bone + Trace Elements & Sulphate of Potash 100mm below surface. Weekly application of YATES: Multi-Nutrient Plant Food with Seaweed at 5ml/L.

Advertised Germination: Unknown but past experience was 10 days.
Actual Germination: 10 days.

Advertised Maturity: Unknown but past experience was 14-16 weeks.
Actual Maturity: Not matured.

I planted a bunch of seeds as they were quite old and hadn't been stored very well, however, all germinated. I picked the best two looking seedlings and pinched off the rest. I planted a heap of radish around the tomato seeds at the same time so it's a bit hard to see the seedling at this stage...

10 March 2010

Photobucket

These have taken off really well but I couldn't bring myself to cull all but one of the plants so I'm growing two plants either side of the support pole. I'll probably pay for it later.......

29 April 2010

Photobucket

This plant was a casualty of my recent holiday to Japan for 10 days and was suffering heavily from being over-watered by my fill-in gardener. I trimmed all the junk leaves off but the plant was too far gone and didn't recover, which is a shame because there was a few nice toms setting.

May 2010

Photobucket


It's well past the ideal season but I'd thought I would give it one more try.

What: Seed (Second generation from seedling).
Where: Yoghurt Container
When: 6 June 2010.

Sown in: Recycled Potting Mix.
Fertiliser: Thin layer of RICHGROW: Organic Blood and Bone + Trace Elements & Sulphate of Potash 100mm below surface.

Advertised Germination: Unknown but past experience was 10 days.
Actual Germination: 10 days.

Advertised Maturity: Unknown but past experience was 14-16 weeks.

15 June 2010

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, have recently built some garden beds in my backyard and had put in reggae roma (exact same brand as yours) and apollo tomatoes.
    have just had a weeks worth of rain which it didnt stop, and the roma is wilting quite baldy after that, however the apollo is going geat still.
    is this what happened to your plant when overwatered?
    all leaves started to will, then some are turning yellow.
    cheers.

    ReplyDelete