Sunday, August 16, 2009

Garlic


Garlic
What: Bulb (Grow Fresh).
Where: 2 x medium Black Pots, 1 x Rectangular self watering planter.
When: 4 July 2009.

Sown in: Patio Seed Raising Mix.
Fertiliser: Thin layer of RICHGROW: Organic Blood and Bone + Trace Elements & Sulphate of Potash 100mm below surface. Weekly application of YATES: Multi-Nutrient Plant Food with Seaweed at 5ml/L.

Advertised Germination: Not Shown.
Actual Germination: 6-7 Days.

Advertised Maturity: 8 weeks or when tops turn brown.
Actual Maturity: 2 years +


15 August 2009



Well then, I completely forgot all about these only taking around 8 weeks to mature. I guess I had it in the back of my mind that when they were ready the green leaves would turn brown. They've now been in there for 16 weeks! Time to at least pull some soil back and see what's up.

8 November 2009

Photobucket

Ok, so a quick root-around showed not much of anything:

Photobucket

So I decided to pull them all out, which is just as well because at this rate I wouldn't have a decent bulb of garlic until 2011!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment